Is Tech Trek right for my daughter?
Tech Trek is an exciting and engaging one-week summer camp for girls featuring hands-on science and technology classes, a fun and educational field trip, opportunities to meet inspiring women role models, and a unique college campus experience. To attend, families need only pay a $50.00 registration fee.
Your daughter is a good fit for Tech Trek if she is currently in the 7th grade and interested in math and science with the potential to excel. Tech Trek is looking for girls who have not had the opportunity for experiences like Tech Trek before, but are excited by the opportunity to try something new, learn new things, and challenge herself. The ideal Tech Trek camper cooperates with teachers, shows respect for other students, regularly participates in class discussions, and makes positive choices for herself in and out of class. To apply, girls must be nominated by their science or math teacher.
- “It was amazing! I really feel it opened my eyes to all the possible careers I might be interested in. I feel accomplished because I really did something that will improve my future.”
- “My experience at Tech Trek was awesome! We learned about all the different types of engineering and science. It was so cool!”
Tech Trek Really Works!
Ryan Gagnon and Alexandra Sandoval recently published “Pre-college STEM Camps as Developmental Context” in Children and Youth Services Review 108 (2020) 104584 http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth
We surveyed girls who attended Tech Trek in California several years after they attended Tech Trek. The results speak for themselves:
- 82% of girls chose to take more science classes in high school because of Tech Trek
- 91% of girls reported that Tech Trek boosted their self-confidence in their ability to be successful in science classes
- 77% of girls say that Tech Trek increased their interest in technology
- 87% of girls say that Tech Trek introduced them to new STEM careers
- 96% of Tech Trek alumnae go to college
Learn more about AAUW’s Tech Trek camps: